Monday, August 12, 2013

A Wrong Perception?

Oftentimes we conjure up our view of others based on hearsay or our own perceptions, which can often be inaccurate. We do the same thing in how we perceive God. The only true and accurate view of God is in His Word which is God-breathed and reveals who He truly is. 'All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work.' (2 Timothy 3:16, 17 ESV) 

We also tend to naturally view our Heavenly Father through the lens of our earthly father. Depending on what kind of father we have, this practice can be very damaging to our perception of and relationship with our Eternal Father. It has helped me to understand those inconsistencies between my earthly and heavenly fathers and not transfer them to my God. For example, I always felt like I had to perform well in order to earn my dad's love and affection; however, my Abba loves me unconditionally and His love for me is not based on my performance or lack thereof. Praise His Name! 

Ask the Lord to use these Scriptures to transform your view of who He is as our loving, caring Heavenly Father:
'Your kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and your dominion endures throughout all generations. [The Lord is FAITHFUL in all his words and KIND in all his works.] The Lord UPHOLDS all who are falling and RAISES UP all who are bowed down. The eyes of all look to you, and you GIVE them their food in due season. You OPEN your hand; you SATISFY the desire of every living thing. The Lord is RIGHTEOUS in all his ways and KIND in all his works. The Lord is NEAR to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth. He FULFILLS the desire of those who fear him; he also HEARS their cry and SAVES them. The Lord PRESERVES all who love him, but all the wicked he will destroy.' (Psalm 145:13-20 ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment