Sunday, August 4, 2013

Reasons to Bless the Lord

I am going to reattempt to have a blog and actually provide content within it!  Wow, what an amazing concept! ;-)  I will mainly be posting what God has been teaching me as I read His word and, often, my response to Him. I read Psalms 103 and it talks about reasons why we are to bless God.  We can only bless Him as we remember and focus on all He has done for us.  Father, I pray that You would enable me to keep my focus on You alone and definitely not on myself. I want to be so preoccupied with blessing You with ALL that is in me that I don't even consider my own ego. I bless You because You have done the following:  1. have forgiven my sin 2. healed my diseases 3. redeemed my life from the pit 4. crowned me with steadfast love and mercy 5. satisfied me with good 6. renewed my youth like the eagle's. I bless You!!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks, Elise. Psalm 103 has been so meaningful to me for the last two years. I look forward to reading your blog.
    Angie M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And even though I get to talk to you about most of this stuff, I think writing is a great idea. You're the most consistent person I know in your walk with the Lord and you have an amazing amount of encouragement from the Lord to share.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting this Elise. 1. I bless Him because His mercies are new to me each morning (which I need daily) 2. I bless Him for making me content. 3. I bless Him for His faithfulness 4. I bless Him for helping me persevere. 4. I bless Him for my health. Thank you for the reminder, love you, Patsy

    ReplyDelete